We are planting trees by searching the web!
One of Delta’s Core Values is to “Promote environmental awareness and protection locally, nationally, and globally”. This, combined with our strategy to “create a generation of young people who are socially and environmentally responsible. Leading by example at a board and organisational level” means we are always looking for ways we can make a positive impact as a Trust.
With this in mind, we have decided to switch our default search engine to ‘Ecosia’. By searching the web through Ecosia, profit is generated and used to plant trees where they are needed most. Over 174 million trees have already been planted, and we are hoping to make an impact on this number with our continued use.
Ecosia invest 20% in renewable energy, regenerative agriculture, and grassroots activism. The remaining 80% goes towards planting and protecting trees around the world.